Monday, March 24, 2008

we ALL went to the ballet!

Hard to believe, but I managed to drag Gabe (and baby) to the ballet on Friday night! We saw Sleeping Beauty, and before any of you say it, I even offered him an out! I told him back in November when I got the tickets that I would just see if one of my girlfriends wanted to go, but he was down for it. So, as the days grew closer, I think he was starting to regret his decision being as he would have rather been drinking beer with my brother! He was a very good sport, put his suit on and took his tired, pregnant wife out for the night. Everything started great. We had a great meal at Maosn's and then walked over to the theater and that was when the first of the bad blows started...cash only at the bar! He was bummed! Not only was he going to have to watch men in tights, but he was going to have to do it sober. We found our seats, the lights went down and the show started. Thankfully the music was lound and it was dark because as soon as those guys came out, my husband was visibly laughing. Not just a little chuckle, but laughing like when you're in church as a kid and you aren't supposed to be laughing! I hate to speak for him, but I would have to say that the highlight for him was when the company took their final bow and we could stand up to leave. Such a good sport for going though! I can also say that if this child is a boy, I'm not sure Gabe will let me take him to the ballet. Maybe a musical...

No comments: